By Wak Designs
Shopify A Complete Guide
Shopify is an e-commerce platform for selling goods & services. It’s very easy to use and is built with great UI interface. To build the online store, you’ll have 14 days free trial with Shopify, so merchants can test out the platform to see if it’s right for them. With no credit cards required.
Shopify is a complete commerce platform that lets you start, grow, and manage a business. You can learn about Making Money here
- Create and customize an online store
- Sell in multiple places, including web, mobile, social media, online marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops
Shopify is completely cloud-based and hosted, which means you don’t have to worry about upgrading or maintaining software or web servers. This gives you the flexibility to access and run your business from anywhere with an internet connection.
Features & Pricing:
Since Shopify is based on the subscription business model, the monthly price after the trial period starts from $29 up to $299 for standard shops. For enterprise business, you can consider using the Shopify Plus package.
Some of the features are:
- Shopify is popular.
- Easy to get started.
- Most reliable platform for selling your goods & services.
- Built for non-techies & beginners.
- Free apps & themes are available to use.
Other are mentioned in the Pros section of this article.
Pro & Cons:
- It’s so bloody easy to get started, Other online frameworks such as WordPress, Joomla are bit complex.
- Simple yet effective as No inventory needed, No physical store needed.
- Shopify is hosted platform i.e. they provide you with hosting, and you need not to wander here and there for hosting your domain.
- Secure and easy to use platform.
- Best Drop shipping apps.
- Many payments gateways & methods.
- Free themes incredible UI and fully optimized for mobile.
- The Shopify App Store is incredible. You can find free as well as paid apps like Oberlo and Aliexpress Drop shipping respectively..
- You can drive traffic to your store by using the different channels available at Shopify. There are both paid and free channel like Instagram or Pinterest.
- Another way of driving the traffic to your Shopify store is building the free channel. It might be Instagram or Pinterest. However just keep in mind that it takes the time to build your presence on those platforms.
- By marketing option, now you can easily promote your store and products from Shopify dashboard using Google & Facebook Ads.
- As it is built for non-techies & beginners so you don’t need to be an expert at anything.
- Easy to integrate with other apps as now you can integrate almost any app from the Shopify app store into your website/store like for email marketing, you can now easily go to the Shopify app store and find the Mail-chimp and integrate it with your Shopify store.
- Easy to manage and work around system like it has the Mobile app for monitoring and managing your store at your hand.
- Shopify continues to release new features, updates and is leading the world of ecommerce and the Shopify community of experts is also growing and now you can learn it easily via Shopify Academy.
As if there are any Pros in your view then let’s know in the comment section below.
As with any product or service, there are pros and cons available. There are many benefits of using Shopify for your business and needs. Following are some of the notable Cons in my view. They are:
- It is not free and most of the themes and apps are also paid.
- You can access to your cPanel of FTP (unless you’re on plus) – so that can be annoying as a developer too.
- It can be tricky at first and they are might be a slight learning curve but you can learn to use it in hours or days.
- The cons are largely not having the right approach and having unrealistic expectations.
- Shopify does cost. Even though it’s a great option and relatively small cost. You’re still going to have to pay. Also, as your store grows, so will you’re costs. Shopify does take a cut of your sales.
As if there are any Cons in your view then let’s know in the comment section below
Some Important Links & Resources:
Shopify Store Imp Links:
- Shopify Features – Online Store
- Official Shopify Themes Marketplace – Choose Free & Paid themes for your store.
- Official Shopify Apps Marketplace – Choose Free & Paid apps for your store.
- Shopify Experts marketplace – Hire Verified & Trusted Shopify Partners.
- Shopify Official Blog – Here you’ll find Shopify Official News & Stories.
Shopify Pricing Page:
- Shopify Pricing – Here are the different pricing plans
Shopify Help Center:
- Shopify Help Center – Here you’ll find Shopify Official Documentation
Other Shopify Important Links:
- Shopify Guides – Here you’ll find Shopify learning materials, guides etc.
- Shopify Academy – Here you’ll find Shopify free lessons, training and business education.
- Shopify Podcasts – Here you’ll find Shopify podcasts
- Shopify Customer Success Stories – Here you’ll find Shopify Customer’s Success Stories
- Shopify Encyclopedia – Here you’ll find Shopify Encyclopedia
- Shopify Forum – Here you’ll find Shopify University or Forum for discussion.
- Shopify Tools – Here you’ll find Shopify Tools that your business needs.
- Shopify Hardware Store – Here you’ll find Shopify Hardware store.
- Shopify Burst – Here you’ll find free stock photos for your Shopify store.
- Shopify Marketplace – Here you’ll find Shopify marketplace where you can sell or buy Shopify website or store.
Here as a bonus lesson, I’ll let you know that now you can earn money from Shopify in different ways & methods. Some are:
- Shopify Affiliate Program – Here you will, actually, first apply for it and when your application is approved for Shopify, then you can promote your affiliate link via your blogs, articles, videos etc. You can learn about it more here.
- Shopify Partner Program – which has several options like making money by making apps, themes, or store for your client.
- Shopify Drop shipping – for which you need a Shopify-Based Website/Store. See the official Shopify guide for drop shipping here.
- Shopify Consultation Service. You can start your own Shopify website and give consultation services to your clients & users.